AVOCADO ICE CREAM
Chilling time: 2 hours
Churning time: 30 minutes
Freezing time: 4 hours
What You Need…
- 2 ripe avocados, flesh scooped
- 50g Stevia powder
- 2 limes, juiced
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut cream
- Place avocado flesh, stevia and lime juice in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Add milk and cream, and blend until mixture is fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Transfer mixture to an ice-cream maker (see Note for manual method) and churn for 30 minutes or until frozen. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 4 hours or until very firm. Scoop and serve.
Make ice-cream mixture as instructed until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Strain mixture into a large, shallow tray. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour or until frozen at the edges. Remove ice-cream from freezer, transfer to a bowl, then beat until smooth and soft. Return to the tray and freeze for a further hour. Repete beating and freez
ing ice-cream until firm.