BAKED EGG IN TOMATO
So you’re sick and tired of the same ol breakfast right?
You want something that’s got a little bit of character, something that keeps you guessing, something that satisfies your taste buds?
Well then you MUST try this recipe!
It’s sure to tick ALL the boxes 🙂
With a great blend of protein, carbs, healthy fats and veggies, we just know it’ll leave you smiling 🙂
Baked Egg in Tomato
What You’ll Need
- 2 eggs.
- 2 large tomatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice.
- 2 tablespoons of ready made pesto
What You Need To Do
- Cut tops off tomatoes. Scoop out the centres and discard. Sprinkle with a little salt and place, cut- side down, on paper towel for 15 minutes to drain.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pack rice into tomatoes and top with the pesto. Use crumpled foil to make a nest for each tomato and place on a baking tray.
- Break an egg into each tomato, and bake with the tops for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve immediately seasoned with pepper with a side of wiltered spinach leaves
There you have it, something different for breakfast…AND not to mention, TASTY!