Sooooooo the other night, it was soooooo cold, it was like 3 or 4 degrees celsius, or something uber ridiculous like that..(about 35 degrees fahrenheit for our friends abroad…)
…I know that some of you will think meh that’s not even cold…
But for this North Queenslander…it’s very cold!
Anyway, hubby and I started looking for things to cook, so we had a good excuse to use the oven in order to warm the house up, as houses aren’t built with heating systems here, simply because it’s too bloody hot for most of the year to even THINK about using a heater.
I was just so impressed with this recipe that I HAD to share it with you!
So Here it is!
Coconut Flour Banana Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf of bread
– 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 4 ripe bananas, mashed (2 cups)
– 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– ½ cup coconut flour
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius )
– Lightly oil an 8” x 5” loaf pan.
– In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, beaten eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract (wet mixture).
– In a separate bowl, stir together the coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda (dry mixture).
– Pour the dry mixture into the bowl with the wet mixture and stir until combined.
– Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes before pouring it into the prepared loaf pan.
– Bake on the center rack in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until loaf tests clean (mine was in the oven for 47 minutes on the dot).
– Remove bread from the oven and allow it to sit for 30 minutes ( I got impatient and only waited 10 minutes) before turning it out onto a cutting board.
– Cut thick slices and serve with butter (and honey if you want)
If you want a bigger batch, simple…
…Just double or triple all ingredients and cooking time may need to be increased 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂
Did you like it and want more?
Let me know in the comments below 🙂
Chat again soon…