Chicken Nuggets with Chinese Wombok Salad
Struggling to find something for the whole family?
Well look no further cos this one’s a winner!
- 500g chicken thigh fillets cut into nugget sized pieces
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup of quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 Wombok Cabbage
- 1/3 cup of Chinese Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Packet of crunchy noodles
- Rock/Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- First you’ll want to coach your chicken pieces. So to make the coating grab two large mixing bowls. In one crack an egg and add your almond milk. Mix until combined well. In the other bowl you want to add your dry coating and to make this you’ll need to put your oats, quinoa flakes and 2 tablespoons of the sesame seeds into nutribullet with the milling blade and whizz for 10 seconds. Add that to the other large bowl.
- Now dip each nugget size chicken piece into the wet mixture, drip off the excess and then put into the dry oat/quinoa/sesame see mixture and coat well. Once they’re all coated set them aside or in the fridge if you’re not going to be frying them for a while.
- To fry them heat a pan to high and with olive oil and when the oil starts to pop slowly add in your chicken pieces and fry them in batches for about 5 minutes each side, depending on the size of your nuggets. If they are larger than normal, obviously you will need to fry them for a little longer.
- As they are ready put them on a wire rack and pop them in a warm oven (around 100 degrees celsius) until they’re all ready to serve.
- While the chicken is cooking get onto making your wombok salad.
- Chop up half a wombok cabbage and add to a large salad bowl.
- To make your dressing add your chinese salad dressing and 1/2 cup olive oil to a bowl and mix well.
- When your nuggets are all ready then pour your salad dressing mixture over the wombok cabbage, add your crunchy noodles and remaining sesame seeds and give it a good stir.
- Once that’s done plate it all up and eat – YUM!
👇👇👇 Video demo👇👇👇