We have a brand new, delicious recipe for you and it’s one of my all time favorites!
Often when aiming to lose weight and be healthier, a lot of people opt for boring, bland and tasteless meals like chicken and beans, or chicken and broccoli…
Eating like this is a recipe for disaster!
The problem with eating like this is, you become very bored with it, very quickly!
Weight loss and good health should be about enjoyment, and balance..
NOT deprivation, because that’s no fun at all!
And I think It’s extremely important to incorporate a wide variety of healthy and tasty foods into your daily eating habits.
This way you never get bored, and your body will benefit from consuming a wide range of nutrients from a wide range of foods.
So I’m always on the lookout for healthy, tasty and easy to make recipes for my members and followers.
So here’s a clean alternative to regular fish and chips 🙂
…Not that there’s anything wrong with having regular fish and chips occasionally, but I prefer to keep regular fish and chips to a limit as the fats used in most deep fried take away foods are usually the worst kind!
This recipe however, will give you some good essential healthy fats 🙂
Clean Fish and Chips
What You Will Need For the Fish Coating…
1 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon rock salt (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
4 tablespoons coconut oil
What You Will Need For The Mango Salsa
1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped red onion
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon Xylitol (or natural sweetener of your choice)
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Rock Salt and Black pepper to taste.
What You Will Need For The Chippies…
Olive Oil for tossing
5 sweet potatoes, peeled sliced into 1⁄4 inch long slices, 1⁄4 wide inch strips
1 tablespoon house seasoning (use the following ingredients to make this house seasoning)
1 Cup Rock Salt
1⁄4 Black Pepper
1⁄4 cup garlic powder
(this house seasoning can be stored in airtight container and can be stored for up to 6 months)
1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
What You Need To Do For The Mango Salsa & Fish…
1. Make mango salsa: Stir together the chopped mango, chopped onion, lime juice, chopped pepper, vinegar, natural sweetener, Coconut oil, cilantro, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Mix 1/3 cup coconut flour, coconut, cumin, curry powder, salt and pepper together and transfer to a plate.
3. In shallow bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Place the remaining 1/3 cup coconut flour on a second plate.
4. Dredge the fillets first in the flour (shaking off excess), then in the egg mixture, and finely in the coconut mixture to coat both sides.
5. Heat the coconut oil over medium high heat, then sauté the fillets until browned on both sides and cooked though on the inside, about 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Serve fillets warm with chips and mango salsa.
What You Need To Do For The Chippies…
1. Preheat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius
2. Line a sheet tray with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat.
4. Sprinkle with house seasoning and paprika
5. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd.
6. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes
7. Let cool 5 – 10 minutes before serving
We value your opinions and thoughts so please let us know in the comments what you think!!