One Pot Sticky Salmon
This one will be ready for the family to devour in just 20 minutes, so it makes for a quick weeknight meal!
- 4 x 200g(ish) fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh navel orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 500g cooked brown rice and quinoa mix
- 1 navel orange, halved, very thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon.
- Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine cornflour, garlic, fennel seeds, stock, orange juice and maple syrup in a medium jug. Season with salt and pepper. Add maple mixture to pan. Sprinkle with asparagus. Cook for 4 minutes or until salmon is cooked as desired and sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook rice and quinoa mix following packet directions.
- Top salmon with sliced orange. Sprinkle with mint. Serve with rice