Prawn and Quinoa Risotto
By Simone Ashton
Today, we go to Italy!
Growing up in a little town called Ingham, I always had access to amazing Italian food and I loved it!
So it’s no wonder, it’s my favourite food nowadays.
There’s nothing quite like a good homemade Bolognese sauce made with loads of fresh tomatoes and basil!
So today I have a dish with an Italian twist for you !
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) quinoa
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) chicken style liquid stock
- 20 cooked prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- 1/3 cup oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Scatter with sugar and salt. Bake for 25 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add garlic and chilli, then cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the quinoa, stirring to coat the grains, then stir in tomato paste and wine. Simmer for 1 minute or until wine has evaporated.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Stir in prawns to warm through, then stir in tomatoes, half the oregano and half the basil. Season, then scatter with remaining oregano and basil and then serve with a large colourful Mediterranean salad 🙂
Let me know what you think!