Pumpkin & Carrot Fritters with Fennel salad
• 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
• 2 Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
• 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
• 1 cup coarsely grated pumpkin
• 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
• 1 baby fennel, thinly shaved, fronds reserved
• 1/3 cup (100g) mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup (100g) sour cream
• 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
• 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
• 200g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
• 120g pkt Baby Rocket
• 2 avocados, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
• 1 lemon, zested, juiced
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place the our in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and milk in a jug. Add to the our and stir to combine. Stir in the pumpkin and carrot. Season well.
- Coarsely chop half the reserved fennel fronds and add to the pumpkin mixture. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-low heat. Pour three 1/4-cup (60ml) portions of mixture in the pan, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook for 2 mins or until small bubbles appear on the surface of the fritters. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 mins or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining fritter mixture.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and horseradish in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon hot water and stir to combine.
- Place the sugar snap pea in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 min. Refresh under cold water. Place in a bowl with the shaved fennel and rocket. Toss to combine
- Place the avocado, remaining reserved fennel fronds, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil in a small bowl. Gently toss to combine. Season
- Divide the salad and fritters among serving plates. Top fritters with the avocado mixture. Drizzle the salad and fritters with mustard sauce.