Do you love entertaining?
And this is the perfect snack I created for just that.
The sauces combined with the sweet potato flavour really leaving you wanting more and more!
So here is this weeks recipe for…
Sweet Potato Wedges with a Trio of Dipping Sauces
Ingredients for Wedges
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder
- Several sprigs of rosemary to crush up and garnish at the end
- Olive oil – for drizzling over the potatoes half way through roasting
Ingredients for honey Dijon sauce
- 1/2 cup Natural Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Creamy Pesto Sauce
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto ( I use this one here >>> https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/fresh_basil_pesto/ )
For the Chipotle Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
- 2 Chilli’s (finely diced) or 1 – 2 teaspoons of minced Chilli
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Mix together your egg whites, cayenne pepper, paprika powder and garlic powder until frothy. Coat your potatoes with this mixture.
- 3. Strategically place your potato wedges on the baking sheet. You want to keep plenty of space between the wedges. The more space — the more air can travel to each wedge and roast it up beautifully. If you crowd them, they’ll steam each other out. Sweet potatoes really have a high water content (which I have learned so many times making soggy wedges).
- 4. Roast for 25 minutes. Do not flip in between. After 25 minutes, take your olive oil and drizzle over the potatoes and sprinkle your crushed up rosemary sprigs all over.
- 5. Roast for an additional 15 minutes — checking after 10 minutes until they reach a beautiful golden orange-brown colour.
Instructions for all dips
- Mix all ingredients together and place in seperate bowls for dipping.
I hope you enjoy this one!